Updated usually on Mondays and/or Thursdays!


Monday, May 9, 2016

A Promantic Walk Through the Woods: Prom 2016

PROM 2016

Hey everyone! I am bubbling with excitement to share this post with you because...prom and dresses and beautiful people and big smiles and AHHH!!! I had an IB exam every day last week, so I really appreciated the time I had to take my mind off of studying and be worry-free! I really hope you love this post!
Nancy wore a beaded-bodice, taffeta gown by Adrianna Papell and she got it at Nordstrom! The beads and flowers were hand-sown onto the bodice. Nancy describes her style to be classic, classy, and east-coast chic. I absolutely loved her dress because it's simple and elegant but still spiced up with the detailed work in the beading. 
Winnie bought her dress at Group USA! It is emerald green with embellishments aligned on the edges of the cutouts. She wears it with huge SLYTHERIN pride! Cut-out dresses have especially been in style since last year. The color was so perfect for the occasion!
Christine wore a dress by Tadashi Shoji! For those of you not familiar with Tadashi, he is a well-known designer in the fashion world. Her dress is actually her mom's from when she was in college, which makes it all the more special and sentimental.

Erinna bought her dress at Nordstrom. She loves wearing light pink and was looking for a dress with a high neckline that was lightweight. This dress obviously met her criteria. 
Tabitha got her dress at David's Bridal. The elegant floral beading on the side is what Tabitha loves the most about the dress. She also wore a simple diamond necklace to add to the dress. As I say, you can never go wrong with a simple black dress!
My dress is by Adrianna Papell and is made of tulle and chiffon. On the dress are flower petals, which really made me gravitate towards this dress. I also love color-block dresses, so this dress was a must for me. Also, you can never go wrong with black and white--it's timeless! I decided to paint my nails, which is rare since I play piano. I went with burgundy red as a contrast to the black and white. 

Andrea's dress is from Roxy's Bridal in Montclair. Andrea describes her style to be simple and elegant. She said the dress was very comfortable throughout the night, which is an absolute plus! As Andrea eloquently puts, "Comfort first, diamonds second."  Also, I must add that I am in LOVE with her corsage. The white and gold accents of the orchid go perfectly with her dress.




Beside the fashion, prom was a wonderful experience and I'm glad I can finally check it off my list of exciting events before graduation! Thanks to everyone who contributed to making this post possible, especially the brilliant Diana Chao for coming out and photographing us! 

ALSO, subscribe to our NEW email list! You will automatically get an email for when our posts go up live on our blog! If you want to do this, and I know you want to, click the pop-up or click the RSS symbol next to the search bar between the tumblr and mail signs! (You might not see it if you're reading from the mobile version, so click the web version!)

Have a wonderful week!





No comments:

Post a Comment