Updated usually on Mondays and/or Thursdays!


Monday, June 1, 2015

En Summer Moda

COMFY, CASUAL, AND CUTE

I think you'd only get this posts's title pun if you've taken Spanish 3. But basically... en=In and moda=fashion in Spanish...so In Summer Mode-ah. Haha get it? Yea? No? Okay. Anyways...TWO POSTS IN ONE DAY?! Heck yea! Diana and I thought we definitely needed to do two posts to make up for our long absence. This post isn't culturally themed, but hopefully you enjoy the different summer looks! Enjoy!
Top: Michael Stars // Shorts: Nectar Clothing


The drapey soft shorts have been trending like crazy since last summer. I think so many people love them because they're so comfy and fun to wear at the same time. I bought these because I loved the floral pattern on them. I think the pom-poms also add a nice touch to the shorts. I don't wear these often, but when I do, I like to pair them with a very simple top so that the outfit is focused on the shorts. I chose a light mint colored top because it nicely complemented the light pink color of the shorts!

STRIPES ON STRIPES: BLUE & WHITE

 
I love sophisticated outfits, so this is by far my favorite of the three. I also love matching and color coordinating quite obviously. For this outfit, it worked to put the stripes on stripes because they were the similar shades of blue, and the stripes went in different directions. The top stripes are horizontal, while the bottom stripes are vertical. If they were in the same direction, the outfit would probably have looked weird. White and blue are one of my favorite color combinations. You should test it out!
Blazer: Nordstrom // Stripe Tank Top: Velvet // Striped Shorts: Abercrombie // Bag: Kate Spade // Espadrilles: Soludos

THE DENIM SKIRT

Top: Guess // Denim Skirt: American Eagle // Sandals: Sam Edelman


I really love this skirt in particular because it's a little ripped and it's a cream color. It paired it with a striped green top and black sandals. It isn't a comfortable outfit, so I only wear the skirt when I feel like putting in effort. It is a great staple to have! This skirt was on sale, so I thought why not. The key to dressing fashionably is having a bunch of staples. Easy staples to have are solid colored tops, chambray tops, denim jackets, colored jeans, etc. Thanks for reading today, and thanks Diana for all the awesome pics! Check us out on Instagram or Tumblr @Letrendary for more pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment